As a family run business, we make sure that all our ingredients are pure and natural so the whole family can enjoy. While a growing number of food manufacturers claim to use only natural ingredients, there has been no clear understanding or standard definition of what constitutes “clean” food until now. So, what does all of this mean for the consumer? We’ve broken down each acronym below to give you a better idea of what you can expect from products that are C.L.E.A.N. certified.
What does it mean to be C.L.E.A.N?
- Conscious: The ingredients used to create the product are safe, based on compliance standards. These standards include things like using products that are cruelty-free, fair trade, and following ethical manufacturing procedures such as fair labor practices etc.
- Live: All of the ingredients have been minimally processed, (below 212 degrees) and organically grown.
- Ethical: All ingredients must be 100% non-GMO and humanely manufactured.
- Active: All ingredients must have a high amount of bioavailable enzymes remaining within the finished product.
- Nourishing: As determined by an ANDI Score
To read more about the C.L.E.A.N certifications, please visit the
Clean Food Certified website.