*photo from FedandFit.com
We discovered this dairy free key lime pie recipe from FedandFit.com and added a little Super Pop twist to it. We added in our PB & Honey bars for the crust, which just enhanced the taste and gave a delicious peanut butter kick!
This is a great summer dessert! Enjoy!
For the Crust:
- 4 PB Honey Super Pop Bars
- 8 oz of gluten free graham crackers
- 6 tablespoons ghee (or butter), softened and cut into cubes
For the filling:
- 1 -13 ounce can of full-fat coconut milk
- 2 1/4 teaspoons gelatin
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- zest of one lime, about 1 teaspoon
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- Whipped cream, for garnish
- To make the crust, grind the Super Pop bars, graham crackers and butter in a food processor until an even, smooth crust forms. Press this crust down in a tart pan, creating an even layer along the bottom and the sides. Set aside.
- To make the filling, pour the coconut milk into a medium-sized sauce pan over medium heat. Bring to a simmer and then add the gelatin. Using a whisk, stir the gelatin in the simmering coconut milk until it is completely dissolved. This should take between 3 and 5 minutes.
- Once the gelatin is completely dissolved, remove from heat and let cool for 5 minutes. Once cooled slightly, whisk in the remainder of the ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the pie shell and then chill for at least 4 hours, or until set.
- Serve with coconut whipped cream
PURCHASE PB HONEY BARS HERE