Even though we have tons of our time on our hands lately due to quarantining at home it still feels like we have less time. Baking seems more tedious especially with all the clean up and sometimes you just want a quick dessert that you can make in 5 minutes. This gluten free chocolate microwave mug cake is the perfect solution when you are craving a "baked" dessert and have no time.
Recipe adapted from Nom Nom Paleo.
CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE:
- 3 tablespoons blanched almond flour
- 1/2 Super Pop almond chocolate bar (crumbled)
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa
- ⅛ teaspoon baking soda
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon avocado oil or melted ghee
- 1½ tablespoon maple syrup (or honey, coconut nectar)
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
In a measuring cup, add the almond flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt. Whisk until uniform. Add the maple syrup, avocado oil, vanilla extract, and egg and whisk the batter until smooth. Add in the crumbled up Super Pop bar. Pour the batter into a microwave-safe mug…place the mug in the center of your microwave (it will rise more evenly in that spot), and cook on high power for 90 seconds. Let cool and then add sliced strawberries or eat alone.