Chocolate Protein Paleo Cookies
Who doesn't like a good cookie recipe? Well this one is gluten free, paleo and packed with vegan protein! Enjoy!!
- 1 egg or to make vegan flax egg = 1 Tbsp ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp water allowed to sit 10 minutes
- 1 cup blanched almond flour
- 1/4 cup Super Pop Chocolate Protein Superblend with adaptogens
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/4 cup smooth nut butter - we used peanut butter
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate or dark chocolate chips
Prepare the flax egg as described above. Preheat your oven to 325° F and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a mixing bowl, combine the almond flour, protein blend, baking soda and salt. In a separate large bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, nut butter and maple syrup until smooth. Whisk in the flax egg to fully combine, then stir the dry mixture into the wet. Stir in the chopped chocolate or chocolate chips.
Use a medium cookie scoop to scoop the dough onto the baking sheet 1-2” apart. The cookies will not spread much. Push down in the middle with a few extra chocolate chunks. Bake 10-11 minutes or until beginning to turn golden on the edges.
Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes on the baking sheet, then transfer to wire racks to cool completely. The cookies will become chewier and less soft and crumbly as they cool. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to one week or freeze to keep longer. Enjoy!